The Governing Body consists of volunteers who oversee and administer the implementation of ATHENAPowerLink – Akron Area. Its members include professionals who are proficient in financial, human resources, finance, information technology and law as well as community and governmental leaders.
The responsibilities of the Governing Body include:
- Oversight of the implementation of ATHENAPowerLink on the local level
- Selection of the Woman Owned Business(es) that will participate in the program
- Recruit members of the Advisory Boards
- Collaborate with local media to promote the program and its participants
- Assist in the development and fundraising efforts of the local program